I decided to migrate my home server from ArchLinux ARM to NixOS to have a reproducible system based on a single configuration. My goal is to have more web services run with the new system.
The hardware setup of the server is quite simple:
- ARM board Rock64 (4×1,5 GHz, 4 GB memory)
- 256 GB SD card for the main OS
- 10 TB SATA-HDD, connected with an USB adapter to the board
- Connected via USB Dell 1250C laser printer
- Jellyfin media server and web frontend
- AirPrinting based on CUPS
- Power management of SATA drive with hdparm
- Multicast DNS support
- Wireguard VPN client
So now even this blog is running on the small ARM computer! To cope with high server load, the Wordress blog is running behind a reverse proxy which is also doing inmemory caching for media files.
I have to see if I could migrate even more services like Nextcloud, Gitlab, Syncthing, Invoiceplane, Mail or Onlyoffice. The benefit would be to have more control, decentralization and a super simple setup based on NixOS.